Careers at Hoffman Media
Hoffman Media, LLC seeks qualified applicants for its administrative, circulation, editorial, advertising, and production departments. The following positions are located in our corporate office in Birmingham, Alabama.
Digital Editor/@thebakefeed and Bake from Scratch magazine
We are seeking a digital-savvy, creative individual to manage the @thebakefeed community on Instagram; brand accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest; produce unique web content; write compelling e-newsletters; and produce sponsored content. The ideal candidate should love to bake, be detail oriented, enthusiastic, confident but willing to take instruction, organized, able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, work well in a team environment, and willing to provide excellent customer service to our audience. Must be self-disciplined and goal oriented.
- Must have a college degree in a related field
- 2–4 years of experience managing social media/web for a brand
- Must be able to identify errors, correct them, and contribute content to meet our quality standards
- Excellent computer skills (e-mailing, Internet research, and Office Suite), as well as exceptional written-communication skills
- Must have a good understanding of SEO, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube
- Must meet assigned deadlines each week
- Online marketing and copywriting preferred
- Some night and weekend work required
Qualified candidates should provide a résumé with cover letter highlighting what makes you the best candidate for this position. In addition, please send three samples of published or unpublished writing or published links.
Love creating recipes and preparing them for their magazine debut? We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the magazine industry or similar environment. In this fast-paced position, you must have the ability to develop recipes based on editorial parameters/themes. We require strong culinary skills, a passion for cooking, and the ability to troubleshoot recipes for optimization. A food-related college or culinary degree is preferred. Baking/pastry skills and food-styling experience are a plus. Must have Microsoft Office skills and the ability to write recipes according to provided recipe style guide.
We offer a great work environment, a competitive salary, BCBS insurance, 401K, and other benefits. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé by e-mail to email@example.com or by mail to:
Hoffman Media, LLC
1900 International Park Dr.
Birmingham, AL 35243
No phone calls please. Hoffman Media, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.