Careers at Hoffman Media
Thank you for your interest in Hoffman Media. We encourage candidates to explore our job opportunities and to review openings that are listed on our website, or on job boards that we post on, such as LinkedIn. However, be aware of internet, email, and telephone scams in which criminals may try to take advantage of job seekers by pretending to represent employers, including Hoffman Media. These criminals use fictitious names, employee names, company names and logos via email, text, chat, and various job posting websites to dupe victims into paying hiring fees. Intended victims may be invited to participate in bogus interviews, asked to fill out fabricated employment applications, have even been issued fake offer letters, all with the goal of trying to entice victims to pay money or divulge sensitive personal information.
Here are a few things to watch for:
- Communications that are unsolicited, unexpected, or are from an individual or a website with which you are unfamiliar, or whose domain name is inconsistent with that used by the actual business.
- Correspondence from free e-mail accounts, like Yahoo, Hotmail, or Gmail. A Hoffman Media employee will not solicit candidates through a non-Hoffman Media email address or phone number.
- Invitations to meet in video chat rooms (e.g., Google Hangouts), which we do not currently utilize.
- Requests to provide payment to participate in the hiring process (e.g., purchasing work equipment, phone, or something similar). Hoffman Media does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates advanced fees of any kind. We also do not provide advances to cover initial expenses, such as computers or other supplies.
- Communications that do not include information about a specific job opening (or the job description is vague) and/or extend a job offer without an interview.
- Job opportunities that come from people you do not know and appear too good to be true.
- Communications where the recruiter claims to have seen your resume on a site with which you are not familiar.
- Communications at the application phase requesting your social security number, driver’s license, date of birth, bank account information, or other sensitive personal data.
We suggest that you do not disclose personal or financial information to individuals or on a website that you do not know or trust. Should you do so, consider reporting the incident to your local law enforcement. To confirm if a new position or offer at Hoffman Media is legitimate, or the person or agency you have been dealing with is real, please contact Hoffman Media directly.
Hoffman Media, LLC seeks qualified applicants for its administrative, circulation, editorial, advertising, and production departments. The following positions are located in our corporate office in Birmingham, Alabama.
Recipe Developer (baking and pastry)
Are you a passionate baker? Would you love creating recipes and preparing them for their magazine debut? We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with a minimum of 3 years of experience in professional baking, test kitchens, the magazine industry, or similar environment. In this fast-paced position, you must have the ability to develop recipes based on editorial themes. We require strong baking/pastry skills, a passion for baking, and the food- science knowledge to be able to troubleshoot and problem-solve recipes for optimization. A food-related college or culinary degree in baking/pastry is preferred. Project management, and food-styling expertise are a plus. Must have Microsoft Office skills and the ability to write recipes according to provided recipe style guide. Will work full-time in our test kitchens in Birmingham, AL.
This role encompasses a breadth of marketing responsibilities that touch web, email, and social media. The ideal candidate will bring to the table previous experience in any of these areas, as well as an interest to learn and grow within a team. The person in this role will be tasked with supporting the Vice President of Marketing in administrative and strategic tasks. They will exhibit excellent communication skills, demonstrate analytical thinking, possess a positive, can-do attitude, and be passionate about the Hoffman Media brands. A stand-out candidate will showcase and foster keen knowledge and understanding of women’s lifestyle content, marketing, and social media. Must have experience with both print and digital marketing.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Support the Vice President of Marketing by developing, scheduling, and organizing the creation of marketing campaigns
- Manage online store: sales, products, inventory, and customer service
- Coordinate with brand teams and merchandisers/buyers to identify and promote branded product opportunities
- Manage the digital seasonal marketing calendar
- Assist with event coordination and marketing
- Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
- Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both online and offline
- Work with the team members to help deliver content that meets brand specifications
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, or related fields is preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a marketing, advertising, events, or social media-based role
- Experience with MailChimp, WordPress, Instagram, and Facebook
- Knowledge on when and how to boost/pay promote social campaigns within budgetary constraints
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to demonstrate big picture strategic thinking
- Strong collaboration and communication skills to work cross-functionally across all teams
- Passion for the Hoffman Media brands and a strong understanding of our target demos
In addition to flexible hours and the ability to work from home in the Birmingham, AL area, we require this person to be able to come into the office for occasional meetings, photo shoots, or other needs.
We offer a great work environment, a competitive salary, BCBS insurance, 401K, and other benefits. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Hoffman Media, LLC
1900 International Park Dr.
Birmingham, AL 35243
No phone calls please. Hoffman Media, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.