Careers at Hoffman Media
Thank you for your interest in Hoffman Media. We encourage candidates to explore our job opportunities and to review openings that are listed on our website, or on job boards that we post on, such as LinkedIn. However, be aware of internet, email, and telephone scams in which criminals may try to take advantage of job seekers by pretending to represent employers, including Hoffman Media. These criminals use fictitious names, employee names, company names and logos via email, text, chat, and various job posting websites to dupe victims into paying hiring fees. Intended victims may be invited to participate in bogus interviews, asked to fill out fabricated employment applications, have even been issued fake offer letters, all with the goal of trying to entice victims to pay money or divulge sensitive personal information.
Here are a few things to watch for:
- Communications that are unsolicited, unexpected, or are from an individual or a website with which you are unfamiliar, or whose domain name is inconsistent with that used by the actual business.
- Correspondence from free e-mail accounts, like Yahoo, Hotmail, or Gmail. A Hoffman Media employee will not solicit candidates through a non-Hoffman Media email address or phone number.
- Invitations to meet in video chat rooms (e.g., Google Hangouts), which we do not currently utilize.
- Requests to provide payment to participate in the hiring process (e.g., purchasing work equipment, phone, or something similar). Hoffman Media does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates advanced fees of any kind. We also do not provide advances to cover initial expenses, such as computers or other supplies.
- Communications that do not include information about a specific job opening (or the job description is vague) and/or extend a job offer without an interview.
- Job opportunities that come from people you do not know and appear too good to be true.
- Communications where the recruiter claims to have seen your resume on a site with which you are not familiar.
- Communications at the application phase requesting your social security number, driver’s license, date of birth, bank account information, or other sensitive personal data.
We suggest that you do not disclose personal or financial information to individuals or on a website that you do not know or trust. Should you do so, consider reporting the incident to your local law enforcement. To confirm if a new position or offer at Hoffman Media is legitimate, or the person or agency you have been dealing with is real, please contact Hoffman Media directly.
Hoffman Media, LLC seeks qualified applicants for its administrative, circulation, editorial, advertising, and production departments. The following positions are located in our corporate office in Birmingham, Alabama.
Regional Advertising Directors
Hoffman Media is seeking full-time regional advertising directors based in AL, FL, or TN, to work select territories. The advertising team provides ideal candidates the unique opportunity to gain experience in national sales and integrated marketing programs in a creative and collaborative work environment. Candidates must have territory management expertise, client service competencies, negotiation and communication skills, and the ability to cultivate business relationships.
- Maintain several accounts in a set geographic territory for various preferred advertising verticals, including but not limited to travel and tourism, food/consumer packaged goods, retail, and shelter.
- Manage prospecting, information-gathering, presenting, negotiating, and closing of agency and brand accounts
- Make calls to potential and existing clients via phone, email, or in-person meetings to discuss opportunities and recommend specific advertising programs
- Maintain working knowledge of space openings, marketing programs, and latest trends to provide this information to clients quickly and accurately
- Attend annual sales meeting and team strategy calls as scheduled, and fulfill administrative tasks necessary to meet sales goals
- Sell/cross-promote multiple brands at one time. The Hoffman Media brands include Bake from Scratch, Classic Sewing, Cooking with Paula Deen, Louisiana Cookin’, Southern Cast Iron, Southern Home, Southern Lady, Taste of the South, TeaTime, The Cottage Journal, and Victoria.
- Interact with various internal departments to carry out client requirements, such as scheduling advertising
- Develop client relationships for long-term growth
- College degree is preferred
- Strong media sales skills and understanding of industry research tools/metrics
- Expertise in preferred advertising verticals a plus
- Occasional travel required
- Willing and able to work from home
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Able to build and maintain relationships effectively over the phone and in person/virtual
- Able to work independently, yet willing to ask questions and learn from others
- Able to manage deadlines and to operate with a sense of urgency
- Professional demeanor and entrepreneurial spirit
- Well-developed productivity and technological skills (Internet, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM, mobile, and social)
Compensation is base + commission. Territories to include: GA, FL, KY, NC, SC, TN or CO, IL, MN, MO, OK, TX, WI.
Hoffman Media is seeking a Videographer/Editor who will be an integral part of the Video Team to create new short and long-form video content for the company’s websites, Zoom events, YouTube channels, and social media platforms.
- Experience as camera operator, editing, and producing video content for web/social media
- Knowledge of Resolve, Premiere Pro, and After Effects
- Advanced knowledge of motion graphics is a plus
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Lighting experience is a plus
- Experience with color correction
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or related work experience
- Ability to troubleshoot and creatively problem-solve under pressure
- Ability to both work in a team environment and take ownership of individual projects
- Ability to multitask and meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to learn and adapt in a growing environment
- Availability to work long, irregular hours, including nights and weekends
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills, including superior attention to detail
Love creating recipes and preparing them for their magazine debut? We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the magazine industry or similar environment. In this fast-paced, deadline-oriented position, you must have the ability to develop recipes based on editorial parameters/themes. We require strong culinary skills, a passion for cooking, time management skills, and the ability to troubleshoot recipes for optimization. A culinary degree is preferred, and food-styling experience is a plus. Must have Microsoft Office skills and the ability to write recipes according to provided recipe style guide.
We offer a great work environment, a competitive salary, BCBS insurance, 401K, and other benefits. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Hoffman Media, LLC
1900 International Park Dr.
Birmingham, AL 35243
No phone calls please. Hoffman Media, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.