Careers at Hoffman Media
Hoffman Media, LLC seeks qualified applicants for its administrative, circulation, editorial, advertising, and production departments. The following positions are located in our corporate office in Birmingham, Alabama.
Editorial Assistant Taste of the South Magazine
We are seeking a detail-oriented individual to provide administrative support to our editorial team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for Southern food and home cooking. Some responsibilities include handling all reader calls and correspondence, maintaining resource information and files, writing and managing website content and social media, assisting with large photo shoots, and arranging travel/hotel accommodations. Some magazine-industry experience is helpful. Proficiency in Excel required. Familiarity with Photoshop and InDesign preferred. Entry level position. College degree preferred.
Food Stylist/Recipe Developer
Seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the magazine industry or similar environment. In this position, you must have the ability to develop recipes based on a certain theme and prepare them for testing purposes, as well as for photography. We require strong baking and pastry skills, a passion for cooking, and the ability to “fix” recipes that do not perform. Food-styling experience and a college/culinary degree are preferred. Must have Microsoft Office skills and the ability to edit recipes in a specific format.
Online Editor (2 Positions Available)
We are looking for two online editors to produce market-specific web content, e-mails and promotions for women’s lifestyle websites, e-newsletters, and blogs. You will be responsible for editing, developing, and writing web content, social media, and e-mails. You must have a great work ethic, enjoy learning, and be a team player, organized, able to multitask, flexible, and able to streamline your efforts to increase productivity and effectiveness. If you are creative and love developing content and marketing campaigns, this is a great opportunity for you!
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- College graduate (marketing, English)
- Degree and/or work experience in at least one of the following fields: Marketing/Writing/Social Media/Blogging/Editing
- Exceptional written-communication skills
- Understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest
- Writing and editing abilities (You must be able to identify errors, correct them, and contribute content as required to meet our quality standards.)
- Online marketing and copywriting experience
- Some knowledge of Photoshop preferred
- Interest in and ability to develop content for women’s lifestyle websites, e-newsletters and blogs
- EXCELLENT computer skills: emailing, Internet research, OfficeSuite, and the ability to learn new programs quickly with brief instruction
- Meet production minimums on assigned work each week
- Be dependable, pay careful attention to details, and ask for assistance as needed to complete assigned posts in a timely manner
Please INCLUDE the following FOUR (4) items in your email:
- Your contact information: phone number and email address
- Your resume MUST be attached with your reply, either in Word Doc or PDF format or a link to an online portfolio.
- Tell us a little about yourself and why you think this position would be a good fit for you (a separate cover letter is not necessary).
- Include three samples of your writing (published or not) or published links if available.
Managing Editor, Victoria magazine
We have an excellent opportunity for an individual with a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a managing editor in the publishing industry to be an integral part of the Victoria editorial team. The ideal candidate must have experience in substantive line editing, possess excellent communication, multitasking, and organizational skills, and a demonstrated ability to assist in managing and coordinating editorial processes. This individual will be a fundamental member of the team in fostering timeliness of each issue, start to finish, and meet the deadlines set within each fast-paced production period. He or she will be involved in editorial planning meetings and also have an opportunity to contribute creative ideas and content for the magazine. We are looking for an individual with a strong can-do attitude who will be an asset to the team dynamic.
We offer a great work environment, a competitive salary, BCBS insurance, 401K, and other benefits. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé by e-mail to email@example.com or by mail to:
Hoffman Media, LLC
1900 International Park Dr.
Birmingham, AL 35243
No phone calls please. Hoffman Media, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.