Hoffman Media, LLC seeks qualified applicants for its administrative, circulation, editorial, advertising, and production departments.
Advertising Sales Assistant
Seeking highly motivated, organized individual with strong interpersonal skills to prospect, identify, and contact potential advertisers via e-mail and phone. Will work collaboratively with our account managers to assist them in making/exceeding sales goals. Will organize and maintain account lists and put together sales materials. We require a valid driver’s license, and proficiency in Microsoft office products. BS or BA in marketing or business management is preferred. Qualified candidate will thrive in a collaborative environment and have the ability to juggle multiple tasks, projects and information. Must have a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Copy Editors (Full and Part-time opportunities)
We have an excellent opportunity for individuals to read copy for accuracy in our Birmingham office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: checking grammar, punctuation, spelling, syntax, consistency of publication style, overall flow, and continuity. Will also check layouts for changes in heads, decks, photos and photo captions, widows, page breaks, and page numbers and will read final pages to spot errors before book goes to printer. The position requires an undergraduate degree in education (with an emphasis on English and language arts), English, or journalism, as well as a strong English background. We prefer a minimum of 2-5 years’ experience with a major publishing house and preferably on more than one magazine. The part-time hours will be up to 20-25 hours per week.
We are seeking an experienced individual to develop and oversee visual content for Victoria magazine and brand extensions (SIPS, etc.) and guide visual direction of magazine.
This is a full-time position working in our Birmingham office. Qualified candidates, please submit resume with salary requirements for consideration. Most of the responsibilities are described below.
We offer a great work environment, a competitive salary, BCBS insurance, 401K, and other benefits. Qualified candidates should submit
a cover letter and résumé by e-mail to email@example.com or by mail to:
- Together with editor and managing editor, create and compile table of contents for each issue.
- Produce photo shoots both in Birmingham and on location; suggest freelance photographers/stylists to editor; scout locations.
- Manage in-house staff of stylists, photographers, and art directors.
- Create, maintain, and manage schedule for all photo shoots; coordinate schedules with photographers, stylists, and test kitchen.
- Conceptualize stories on location.
- Approve preliminary layouts and with art director, establish the look and feel of each issue.
- Oversee weekly schedule for stylist and editorial assistant.
- Create visual and written direction (photography work sheets) for each story in cooperation with art director and stylist. This includes planning, assembling visual inspiration, scheduling, and leading this team in discussing all elements of each shoot. When necessary, approve images from photo shoot.
- Stay abreast of appropriate trends.
- Represent magazine at annual industry events (Highpoint, Tabletop Market, Gift Fair) as approved with editor.
- Establish and maintain a network of PR contacts in travel, tabletop, home goods, and shoot locations.
- Work with tourism departments and contacts to create travel opportunities for Victoria magazine stories within tight budget.
- Operate within the Victoria budget to accomplish responsibilities.
- Must be highly organized and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
Hoffman Media, LLC
1900 International Park Dr.
Birmingham, AL 35243
No phone calls please. Hoffman Media, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.